Nova Systems is an Australian owned Professional Service Provider specialising in the provision of engineering and management services, providing industry and government with world class independent expertise in delivering complex projects and solving technologically challenging problems.
Our independence from equipment providers means we are solution independent and highly focused on value outcomes for clients.
We pursue this value through effective stakeholder solicitation and focus on understanding the outcomes our clients aim to achieve. Nova employs over 200 specialist consultants across Australia, with offices in all major cities.
About the opportunity:
We have immediate permanent employment opportunities for Systems Engineers, supporting a number of Defence Acquisition Projects in Canberra. As a result, we are actively hiring professionals to provide Engineering and Project Management services across a range of defence capabilities.
Team Nova, have been selected by CASG as one of their four MSPs to provide ‘Strategic Partner’, ‘Capability Partner’ and ‘Integrated Work Partner’ services for up to the next 11 years.
If you are looking for a secure working environment, with a strong forward order book, not to mention private ownership with a very strong culture and competitive employee benefits, then we could be the right company for you. View our website for more information.
What will you be involved in:
- Project Development and Delivery;
- Preparing for systems engineering program reviews;
- Development of systems engineering plans and procedures;
- Supporting requirements definition, allocation and management;
- Capability Acquisition and Delivery.
What we would like from you:
- Engineering degree (Aerospace, Electronics / Electrical, Mechanical / Mechatronic, Systems Engineering or other relevant engineering field);
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the Defence Acquisition environment;
- Minimum 2-5 years of systems engineering experience;
- Previous experience working in the CASG or SPO environments (highly regarded).
- Ex ADF disciplines highly regarded.
- Experience developing FPS and OCD's (advantageous).
- Australian Citizenship with a current or recently suspended AGSVA clearance (NV1 preferred however will consider BASELINE);
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build rapport with our clients;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
What it’s like to work with us:
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button submitting your resume (only).
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please call our internal talent team on (08) 8252 7100.
No recruitment agencies please.