Are you ready to expand the horizons of your Test & Evaluation career? Discover the Career Development Opportunity of a Lifetime
What is the Test & Evaluation (T&E) Sovereign Skills Program?
QinetiQ’s Test & Evaluation Sovereign Skills Program is a once-in-a-lifetime career development opportunity aimed at enhancing sovereign Test & Evaluation capabilities in Australia to deliver world-class mission-critical assurance to our global defence and security customers.
This program is an investment in sovereign T&E capability for generations to come, enabling the delivery of advanced defence capability for our global defence and security customers and building on our unrivalled experience.
This unique opportunity offers individuals a structured and bespoke career development plan by leveraging QinetiQ’s global T&E expertise, and potentially includes experiential learning experiences in live test and evaluation environments at world-class Air, Land and Maritime T&E ranges and capabilities overseas for a period of six weeks to two years.
Whilst the role requirements outlined below are indicative of the T&E positions available within our business, we would still love to hear from you, even if you feel you only partially meet them. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture and will support you to build the additional T&E skills you will need for the future, as part of our innovative and highly experienced teams.
Learn more about the Test & Evaluation Sovereign Skills Program: https://www.qinetiq.com/en-au/what-we-do/test-and-evaluation
What we are looking for?
We are looking for people to join the program and be a fundamental part of building and expanding this capability in Australia; you will have a desire to grow, an aptitude to learn, and a passion for development.
Applicants will need to be eligible for an Australian security clearance and will be required to meet overseas clearance, VISA and entry requirements which may include a COVID vaccination.
About the opportunity
We have multiple permanent employment opportunities for T&E Systems Engineers to join our team, supporting clients in the Maritime and Aerospace domains.
The Instrumentation Solutions Manager will provide engineering and technical advice to site management and valued customers. This will involve on going liaison with other Range personnel and customers to ensure suitability of the Range for future Test & Evaluation requirements. This role will work closely with Range System & Design Engineers to set requirements as well as develop and design future instrumentation solutions. Leading and coordinating a team of range systems technicians to ensure the availability of instrumentation for T&E tasks.
- Experience in management and assurance of instrumentation data capture for test and evaluation, systems, services and products.
- Experience in the application of safety management and hazardous activity management systems
- Experience of range trials and acceptance activities
- Comfortable and competent in translating technical observations and details, into operational impact for the customer and end customer
- Understanding of how to deploy and embed appropriate T&E safety management systems as part of the program lifecycle (ALARP) principles of risk management
- Understanding the working environment and applicable human factors considerations
- Ability to manage, influence and build long last stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated competence in written and verbal communication, engagement and briefing skills
Experience & Qualification Requirements
- Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, systems engineering, maritime or other relevant specialisation)
- A minimum of 5 years in military engineering or related Defence industry role
- Demonstrated understanding and or experience of delivery of complex programs; knowledge of safety critical environments and how to operate in this context; demonstrated knowledge or experience of successfully partnering with a customer to deliver
- If you don’t have defence experience, we are keen to hear from those working in adjacent industries such as aviation, manufacturing, construction, mining and resources or other environments that involve Safety Management, delivering mission and safety critical capability.
Your experience could span from one or more of the following types of roles:
- Systems Engineer
- Test Engineers
- Data Acquisition Engineer
- Network Engineers
Why join the Program?
- A bespoke and focused experience to learn, develop and grow, and be at the forefront of enhancing and creating T&E capability in Australia
- This program invests in individuals long-term career growth with specialist training from global experts to equip individuals with technical, behavioural and leadership competencies for future leadership roles within QinetiQ’s Test & Evaluation teams
- Vast career progression, in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits
QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
Looking for an Employer with Benefits?
On the hunt for an employer that values loyalty and rewards performance? At QinetiQ, our competitive remuneration and benefits package supports your evolving needs throughout your career. You’ll share in the company’s success, and be rewarded for your own. We’ll invest in your professional development and provide an inclusive environment for you to succeed.
Some of our benefits include:
- Individual Professional development allowance
- Flexible work
- Leave purchase
- Loyalty leave
- Individual and company performance bonuses
- Complimentary salary continuance insurance
- Annual volunteering leave with Operation Give Back
A full list of our employee benefits can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/en/careers/benefits
To find out more about this Career Opportunity of a Lifetime: https://www.qinetiq.com/en-au/what-we-do/test-and-evaluation
As the defence industry in Australia grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customer’s advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we also encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.