We have a requirement for a of Systems Safety Engineer located in Canberra. As a Systems Safety Engineer you will use your engineering knowledge to influence the design, operation and maintenance of complex engineering systems to ensure that workers and the public are kept safe at all times.
With 5 - 10 years of experience, you will form a core part of the Frazer-Nash delivery team and will be given significant autonomy to set a project's direction and then the responsibility to deliver. Within the Systems Safety and Assurance practice this means working directly with clients to help develop System Safety Program Plans, undertake detailed safety analyses of engineered systems and developing safety cases for the client's mission platform. On client projects you may be supported by Frazer-Nash Consultants and Senior Consultants.
We are distinguished from our competitors by our cross-sector approach and as a Frazer-Nash engineer you can expect to work in different industry sectors, such as Defence, Rail, Power and Oil& Gas, throughout your career. Your long-term career with Frazer-Nash will be enabled by our Group Leaders and Technical Managers and can take you into three broad roles: technical expert, people leader, or business developer.
Ideally, candidates for this role will possess postgraduate qualifications in system safety engineering and will have a good understanding of Defence and International System Safety standards, such as MIL-STD-882 and ISO 26262. They will have experience in applying their system safety knowledge to complex systems in a consulting environment. Fundamentally they will have a passion for delivering high quality work, on time and on budget.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess an 4-year Bachelor Degree or a 3-year technical degree in engineering and is, or is capable of becoming, a member of Engineers Australia at the grade of Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist
- Possess 5-10 years of experience in system safety engineering
- Is willing to reside in Canberra and occasionally travel interstate
- Is an Australian citizen and capable of obtaining an Australian Security Clearance to the level of Negate Vetting Level 1 (NV1).
Frazer-Nash will facilitate your application for an Australian Security Clearance. Further information on the security clearance process is available at: http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in the application of systems safety engineering in an industrial domain (not just defence).
- Knowledge and experience of Defence environment.
- Demonstrable experience in commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Previous experience in a Consulting environment.