BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
BAE Systems involvement in the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) includes asset management, platform engineering and integration support, and major refit and upgrade implementation across the ANZAC Class fleet.
We are currently seeking applications for a Technical Data Management Coordinator. Reporting to the Configuration Program Lead, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of technical data services for integrated logistics support products.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Conducting validation and assurance activities of engineering designed and product baseline data to determine compliance with technical data management policy as defined within applicable guidance documents
• Conducting engineering change sign-off within the configuration management tool as delegated ensuring correctness and completeness of technical data is evident
• Acting as the designated custodian of the technical library and overseeing services provided by the engineering services support group
• Undertake technical library musters and audits to ensure compliance with Defence policy
• Managing the technical data management plan and sub-ordinate procedures
• Creating, maintaining and updating technical library procedures and desk level instructions
• Assisting with developing and implementing strategies to achieve positive acceptance of the configuration management tool
• Assisting with the implementation and integration of configuration management principles as defined in the Australian Naval publication library
• Maintaining current knowledge levels on existing products supporting technical data management
• In conjunction with the Configuration Program Lead, work with internal and external stakeholders in pursuit of effective engineering change management and performance
As the ideal applicant you will have:
• Demonstrated experience in a similar position in a large engineering/project environment
• A solid understanding of configuration management, technical data management and asset management principles
• Previous experience working in defence, mining or oil and gas related industries
• A sound understanding of technical and logistical implications of engineering change
• Experience with technical publication development, amendment and publication requirements
• Experience with product lifecycle management systems (AMPS, Teamcenter highly desirable)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office suite, in particular Word and Excel
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please submit your application to Sinead Booth – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 4th May 2018. Please ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.