- Apply your talent where it counts
- Continuous career development, opportunity to demonstrate your expertise and help shape the Defence maritime industry
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Do you want to take your coffee breaks by the best view of Sydney Harbour?
Apply your talent where it counts as a Technical Support Manager within our team in Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Join others like you, who simply love new technology. We believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Manager to provide their expertise within our Maritime Sustainment business on the DDG naval ship platforms. This key position will report to the Enterprise Supply Chain Manager, will be part of a strong team culture, and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop and manage the Technical Support Network (TSN) to complement and supplement technical skills, knowledge and capacity available for the DDG naval ships
- Develop, structure and maintain commercial relationships, ensuring that timely access to Technical Support Agencies (TSA’s) is available to support the DDG enterprise activities
- Manage the Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) of the TSN members and their expertise, competency, capacity and capability to provide products or services
- Collaborate with the Procurement function to establish formal arrangements with the TSA’s
- Develop strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders to continually improve the TSN function
- Develop risk mitigations and manage project risks associated with the TSN
- Drive continuous improvements and lead initiatives to implement recommendations from TSN audits
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Maintenance project management, engineering or maintenance/production experience
- Extensive experience within the Defence or Maritime/naval ship sustainment industry
- A qualification in an appropriate discipline – degree, diploma or trade certificate
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
Whilst not essential, Maritime/naval ship sustainment experience in a similar position would be highly regarded.
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.