Job Title: Thinklogical Design Centre (TLDC) Sales and Support Specialist
Location: Canberra, Australia
The TLDC Sales and Support Specialist is responsible for fostering customer relationships throughout the APAC region. The role will be an expert in Thinklogical’s technology and product offering, enabling them to effectively communicate Thinklogical’s value and the customer problems that it solves. The Specialist will act as a primary contact in this region for product information, product demonstrations, system designs, technical support and training. This position is also responsible for gathering customer requirements, industry trends and engaging Product Management and Engineering to further advance Thinklogical’s offering.
- Coordinate with Sales to identify key customers and projects to grow Thinklogical throughout APAC
- Develop strong customer relationships, establishing personal rapport with current and prospective customers and acting as a trusted advisor
- Develop customer knowledge, by providing product, service and technical information
- Identify current and future customer requirements and assist customers in the specification of their requirements
- Prepare system designs, by engaging partners and end users, gathering requirements and defining customer problems and workflows. Provide users with complete system drawings, parts lists and additional relevant information.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations detailing products, systems and designs
- Conduct Thinklogical Sales, Technology and Design Training courses, including in the assistance of generating training materials
- Manage and maintain Thinklogical Demo Centres, including but not limited to Canberra, Tokyo and Singapore
- Provide standard technical demonstrations across Thinklogical Demo Centres and customer sites, effectively conveying Thinklogical’s value proposition
- Design, configure and build customized demonstration systems to satisfy specific customer needs or events
- Collect and summarize market and application trends, operating as a liaison between customers and Product Management
- Assist with competitive analysis and market positioning
- Assist in Thinklogical Commissioning efforts, including pre-work, configuration files and on-site technical installation services
- Provide post-sales system support, promoting the expansion of system designs and educating customers on upcoming new products and releases
- Provide post-sales technical support, answering general support and troubleshooting inquiries and assisting on-site as required
- Five or more years of experience working with sales and engineering to deliver technical project designs and/or support
- Experience as project-lead, from specification through implementation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an effective communicator of technical information
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong time management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 50% of the time; flexibility to manage multiple time zones
- Ability to work in range of software programs, such as Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and Salesforce
- Experience with enterprise audio-visual (AV), virtual desktop (VDI), and C4ISTAR is a plus
- Australia security clearance is a plus
This position is located in Canberra, Australia. Successful candidate will work out of home office and Thinklogical’s Fyshwick Demo Centre. It is expected that the successful candidate will have resided in the area for several years, is active in the federal IT community, and has an established network of relationships within the federal IT community.
Position will report to the Vice President, Sales
- Pay level to be determined based on the candidate’s experience.
- Outstanding benefits package, including Superannuation.
Thinklogical, A Belden Brand, is an innovative manufacturer of secure, high-performance signal extension and switching systems that allow organizations to more easily access and distribute video-rich information for increased productivity and efficiency. Our comprehensive product portfolio spans a wide range of uncompressed, high-bandwidth signal management solutions ranging from video, KVM (keyboard, video and mouse), audio and USB extenders and matrix switching systems, image processors and signal converters, to camera extension and secure console server products.
Thinklogical manufactures the only mid-to-large scale fiber-optic KVM matrix switches that are IA (information assurance) accredited to manage multiple classifications of information through a single switch, simplifying system management, reducing AV and IT infrastructure cost, and enabling instant situational awareness and faster decision-making.
Government, media and entertainment, and critical infrastructure organizations worldwide rely on Thinklogical products and services for high performance, security, continuous operation and ease of integration. Thinklogical products are designed and manufactured in the USA. ISO 9001:2015 certified, the company is headquartered in Milford, Conn., USA, with offices and representatives worldwide. Thinklogical is a subsidiary of Belden Inc. (NYSE: BDC).