Elbit Systems of Australia Pty Ltd (ELSA) is a subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd, ELSA develops state of the art technologies and integrates them into the Australian and New Zealand market. ELSA’s main business is Systems Integration for the Australian Defence Force (ADF), with an emerging presence in the law enforcement, intelligence and cyber markets.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Functional Manager, working within the System Integration stream of a major project and working closely with the Simulation and Training project manager, you will design the integration of Elbit’s Battle Management System into training networks and its integration with training simulation engines.
The role includes defining system requirements, determining system specifications, interfaces, processes and working parameters. It is a unique role in that it has dual challenges as the hybrid Training Simulations SME and Systems integration Engineer, as well as being responsible for ensuring the overall simulation environment operates effectively and meets the customer training need.
You will be required to:
- Determine operational and training solutions for various problems with unique, state of the art simulation and C2 software components
- Act as the SME in the training Simulation capabilities operation (BMS), terminology and technical terms in the C4i space
- Be proactively involved with determining System level architecture
- Work with simulation system providers in order to achieve an effective integrated solution
- Work closely with Training Services teams to assist with the successful roll out and train the trainer aspects, as well as ongoing support of the systems in service
- Assist Business Development in training and simulation related activities with current and potential customers.
Skills, knowledge and experience to be successful in the role include:
- Bachelor of Systems Engineering/ Computer Science/ Mathematics
- C4I experience (highly desirable)
- Software or Systems engineering in the defence industry (highly desirable)
- HLA/DIS, CBML protocols and application of simulation to support training and capability modelling requirements
- NV1 security clearance or ability to obtain and maintain is essential
- Ability to travel, including interstate, when required
Benefits of joining ELSA include:
- Free access to thousands of online courses for your personal and professional development
- Career opportunities
- Employee wellbeing programs including Health Assessments, Employee Assistance Program, Flu shots, free fruit and bike racks
- Novated lease options
- Discounted health insurance
Then don't delay, apply now with your tailored CV showing how you are the right candidate.. We would welcome applications from qualified veterans.
Due to the elevated emphasis on security within our line of work, and the need to hold or have the ability to obtain a NV1 clearance, means that Australian citizenship is essential.