- Grow your career in a complex multisite high availability ICT environment in a significant Defence program
- Administer a complex and strategically vital Defence ICT environment.
- Develop new systems with the latest technology & tools and support the existing capabilities
- An unrestricted passion to develop our people, the flexibility and mobility to experience adjacent programs
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the project
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of the Australian Defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
Joining to build this complex state-of-the-art Australian capability, you will be part of an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest Defence professionals in an iconic Defence environment.
About the Opportunity
An internal promotion and increase in demand has led to multiple new opportunities for up and coming Windows Systems Engineers to support one of our key strategic programs, JORN at our Edinburgh Parks office in Adelaide.
Working directly at the client site, you will gain experience working across both the Acquisition and Sustainment parts of the program.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Act with authority and competence to make strategic and operational decisions on the ICT support and sustainment of existing and new environments being delivered
- Provide technical solutions to complex and time-critical projects and mission systems
- Work with system architects to contribute to the design, development and implementation of new services and applications
- Ensure that the virtualisation infrastructure that supports the Windows platform systems meet the current performance, reliability and security requirements
- Deliver and support optimisation of Windows based services and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently
- Assist in the recommendation and selection of appropriate management tools for Server Computing platforms, data storage sub systems and Enterprise Messaging systems.
- Develop and deploy approved Engineering changes and system updates
- Assist in installing new/rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and operational requirements
- Assist in upgrades and patches of operating systems by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new systems
- Undertake Incident and Service Request resolution in line with service level expectations and communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Prior experience in a technical role with a demonstrated ability to manage and support the relevant computing systems like Microsoft Windows Server (2012 - 2019), Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Exchange (2013 - 2019), Active Directory, VMWare, Backups, Printing and File systems.
- Tertiary qualification in an IT related field / vendor certifications are preferred but not essential
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) is desirable but not essential.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with customers and team members
- Ability to think outside of box with proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Current active or re-instatable NV2 Defence clearance is highly desirable
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV2 security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.