Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group has opened applications for its Early Career Researcher register to help researchers advance their career.
The DST Early Career Researcher Opportunities Register is a portal for candidates to register their interest for ongoing (permanent) and non-ongoing (temporary) employment at the Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group.
An 'Early Career Research Opportunity' is the next-stage in the career of a research scientist/engineer following the completion of a graduate or postdoctoral program and with up to four years' relevant industry or academia experience.
DST has a number of research areas, with specialised focus on:
- Surveillance and space;
- Autonomous systems;
- Electronic warfare;
- Information and communications;
- Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN);
- Propulsion and energy;
- Air, land and sea vehicles;
- Weapons systems;
- Human science; and
- Operations analysis.
There are currently multiple positions available across each of these areas and DST is seeking applications from candidates with qualifications and experience in the following academic discipline areas:
- Aerospace/aeronautical engineering, and naval architecture;
- Computer sciences, IT, software engineering, telecommunications;
- Psychology and social sciences;
- Materials science;
- Mechanical and mechatronic engineering (including robotics);
- Chemical, radiological, biological and food sciences; and
- Mathematcis and physics.
In order to be eligible for the Early Career Researcher Opportunities, you must be an Australian citizen who has:
- Graduated from a relevant undergraduate/postgraduate degree and have more than two years' relevant experience; or
- Graduated with a PhD and have up to four years' relevant industry or academic experience.
Candidates will be able to identify the positions they are interested in as part of the application process, however applications may also be considered for other opportunities that match a candidate's academic background and location preferences.
Application forms are available here.