The Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC) and Department of Defence will host a series of workshops to support Australian defence SMEs participate more effectively in local and global defence trade shows and expos.
This series of workshops running around the country will help small or medium-sized businesses maximise their business outcomes at defence-related trade shows, both in Australia and internationally.
Exhibiting at defence-related trade shows is an effective mechanism to develop market share, generate new leads and increase brand and product awareness across the defence market. Trade shows are also an invaluable opportunity to showcase innovation and establish networks.
For small and medium-sized businesses, preparing for a defence-related trade show can be a time-consuming and difficult process, especially for first-time exhibitors.
Workshops will be conducted across Australia by the CDIC, in conjunction with state and territory governments and defence industry associations. The CDIC will have facilitators and advisers at each workshop who regularly exhibit and participate at defence-related trade shows and have extensive knowledge of the best ways to maximise outcomes.
Each workshop will run between 9:00am and 4:00pm and will include shows in:
- Adelaide - Tuesday, 15 January;
- Melbourne - Wednesday, 16 January;
- Hobart - Thursday, 17 January;
- Brisbane - Tuesday, 22 January;
- Darwin - Thursday, 24 January;
- Sydney - Wednesday, 30 January; and
- Perth - Monday, 4 February.
Upon completion of the interactive workshop, attendees will achieve a better understanding of how to:
- Analyse the market, customers and competitors to define a successful trade show strategy;
- Integrate trade shows as part of your company’s business winning programs;
- Maximise return on investment in trade shows with an effective show plan;
- Plan, draft and present your company value proposition and elevator pitches ahead of a trade show; and
- Follow-up after the show and evaluate your overall performance.
More information, including registering your interest, is available here.