A strong Australian Defence Force contingent is ready to wow crowds when this year's Wings Over Illawarra airshow begins tomorrow.
To continue reading the rest of this article, please log in.
Create free account to get unlimited news articles and more!
Visitors to Illawarra Regional Airport at Albion Park Rail will be able to see flying displays from two Hawk 127 fighters, a C-130J Hercules, P-8A Poseidon and 4 PC-21 aircraft, among others.
Wings Over Illawarra is the only major annual airshow in NSW, and one of the largest events held in the Illawarra and NSW South Coast regions.
Since 2015, the airshow has been a two-day event, drawing in over 30,000 aviation enthusiasts each year for the past few years.
The ADF has played a vital part in the airshow for the event's history, and have provided a strong lineup this year.
The full list of planned ADF participation and support for the event is below:
- 1 X Air Force Balloon (tether/static) (Sat and Sun)
- 4 X PC-21 flying display (Sat and Sun)
- 1 X PC-21 static display (Sat and Sun)
- C-17A Globemaster flying display (Sat and Sun)
- C-130J Hercules flying display (Sat and Sun)
- C-27J Spartan flying display (Sat and Sun)
- 2 X fast jet – Hawk 127 lead-in fighter, flying display and static display (Sat and Sun)
- 1 X P-8A Poseidon flying display (Sat and Sun)
- Mobile Control and Reporting Unit display (Sat and Sun)
- 1 X Sikorsky MH-60R Seahawk Romeo helicopter (flying display) (Sat and Sun)
- 1 X MRH-90 Taipan helicopter (static display) (Sat and Sun)
- Naval Aviation Prospects Scheme (NAPS) Simulator
- Army Ground Display
More information on Wings Over Illawarra, can be found here.