Wickr has entered a strategic partnership with CISTECH and AUCloud in order to provide secure collaboration and communications to Australia’s government.
The partnership looks to solve the government's, as well as critical infrastructure providers', needs for a vehicle for secure communication to control sensitive information, protect employees, and meet compliance, data protection and retention requirements.
“Protecting communication across the Australian government and critical infrastructure is fundamental to the security of the entire country,” said Brad Bastow, chief operating officer at AUCloud.
“The partnership between AUCloud, CISTECH and Wickr delivers the only Australian sovereign, enterprise grade, secure communications solution for the government.”
“Countries around the world are determining how to create a secure method for communicating and collaborating across government and critical infrastructure entities,” said Scott McMillan, Wickr senior vice president of sales.
“Given Australia’s stringent data privacy laws and commitment to protecting consumer data, Wickr is a natural fit for the region to meet its security needs.”
The partnership said it will offer the following capabilities:
- Provides multi-tenanted secure encryption communications hosted on a sovereign protected cloud;
- Purpose-built for enterprise deployments with global administration rights performed by CISTECH, with delegated administrative functions performed either by CISTECH or by the agencies themselves;
- Allows clients to collaborate securely with authorised agencies and partners;
- Designed to meet communication and archiving compliance requirements;
- Supported both on mobile and desktop clients;
- Hosted within T4 data centres, supported by Australian security cleared personnel; and
- No data leaves Australia.