Ocean Software, a developer of solutions for military and government customers, is hiring developers, testers, system analysts, and project managers.
The company said Defence's AIC Program initiative to build a local defence industry is showing "real results", with Ocean Software already seeing an increase in demand from projects currently being undertaken with the Australian Defence Force as well as Belgian Air Component and MOSS SAS.
"Like so many Australian businesses, in the past Ocean Software has had to look offshore to sustain business growth," Bruce Moors, general manager, Ocean Software, said.
"With the AIC we are now seeing efforts here in Australia and overseas paying off, especially with recent wins in Belgium and France.
"The Belgian Air Component will soon be using FlightPro software to manage their military flying operations, including training."
Ocean Software has also recently signed an agreement with MOSS SAS, a key supplier to the French Armamen procurement agency, Direction Générale de l’Armement, and French Air Force, Army and Navy, for the delivery of FlightPro.
The Melbourne-based business has also had its PILS V3 System applied in the current ADF Deployable Health Trial, and has been deployed on 15 defence laptops in field hospitals and deployable units to fill the gap in personnel health records that occur when soldiers and sailors are sent into the field.
Defence's AIC Program was implemented to fulfil key objectives of the 2016 Defence White Paper.
The changes have been made to explicitly address:
- the tenderer’s strategy for maximising Australian industry involvement in the project and enduring Australian industry capability benefit beyond the work period,
- maximised inclusion and evidence of having positively engaged Australian small to medium enterprises and Indigenous business enterprises,
- proposed investment in innovation, and collaborative research and development efforts in Australia,
- establishing, transitioning or enhancing skills, knowledge, systems, technology and infrastructure within Australian industry, and
- identification and promotion of Australian defence export opportunities and as a contributor to the global supply chain.
The new template was applied in the Offshore Patrol Vessel and Future Frigate Requests for Tender and is now rolling out across all relevant material procurements.