Organised by US Department of Commerce Connecticut office, the USA-Australia Defense Trade Summit will provide avenues for Australian SMEs to integrate with the US defence procurement and supply chain participants.
The two-day summit will bring together about 150 people, with 40 Australians that will include SME supply chain companies, universities, R&D and educators, along with 60 US SME supply chain companies, to learn from the participating sponsoring partners procurement opportunities in Australia and the US.
The goal of the summit is to achieve a collective impact in the US and Australia supply chains in defence co-operation and shared prosperity in defence trade. Shared prosperity is a key element to the White House trade platform, including improving focus on:
- Best practices in manufacturing, defence procurement;
- Cyber security and trade security;
- Funding opportunities;
- Investment, joint ventures and partnership opportunities in the US and Australia; and
- R&D, workforce development and training for a sustainable workforce.
Key sessions with speakers from government, OEMs, R&D and education will cover a range of topics, including:
- Procurement opportunities in the US and Australia for supply chain participants;
- Advanced manufacturing capabilities and best practice to supply OEMs and defence forces;
- Research, innovation and technology;
- Cyber security;
- Workforce and skills training (K-post grad) for sustaining a defence manufacturing workforce; and
- Integrated investment program for supply chain companies to grow and prosper.
Sessions will be facilitated by a number of key defence sponsors, speakers and OEMs, including:
- United Technologies Corporation (lead sponsor and organising partner);
- Electric Boat/General Dynamics (organising partner and sponsor);
- Lockheed Martin/Sikorsky (organising partner and sponsor);
- BAE Systems (speaker);
- Northrop Grumman (partner, speaker and sponsor);
- US Department of Defense;
- Defence Victoria (sponsor and organising partner);
- Centre for Defence Industry Capability;
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (best practice, 4.0 manufacturing and R&D); and
- Australian Embassy Defence Attache.
The USA-Australia Defense Trade Summit will take place 17-18 September in Mystic, Connecticut. More information is available here.