SCINDICATE is the new brand name for the previous annual external engagement event called Partnerships Week.
The name abbreviates science (SC) and industry (IND) and is pronounced syndicate, meaning a group of individuals or organisations combined to promote a common interest; in other words, partnership and collaboration.
Spanning two days of activities, SCINDICATE delegates will experience technology demonstrations, workshops, briefings and laboratory tours, as well as opportunities for networking and forging new collaborations. Delegates can choose to attend on either day, and the program will include key elements repeated across both days.
Some of the highlights of the two-day program are:
- Official opening by Minister for Defence Industry Christopher Pyne
- Welcome address by Chief Defence Scientist, Dr Alex Zelinsky
- Keynote address by prominent defence, industry and academic partners
- Laboratory tours available all day
- Display arena showcasing current research developments from DST’s research divisions, including interactive virtual reality tours and experiences
- Next Generation Technologies Fund application tips to boost your chances of success
- DST Meet and Greet Sessions – networking opportunity to meet one-on-one with DST scientists and Chiefs of Division
- Topical displays of DST models and prototypes
- Innovation panel discussion debating the SCINDICATE 2018 theme: Future Science and Innovation for Game Changing Capabilities
- Topical presentations by industry, academia and SME professionals
- Activities for students to learn more about science in support of Defence.
DST welcomes expressions of interest from industry, universities, research agencies and STEM organisations who have a genuine interest in making new connections, learn more about DST and be a part of the future of science supporting defence capability in Australia.
Your expression of interest is essential to manage numbers as there are capacity limitations at the DST Fishermans Bend laboratory, which is a secure defence site. Following a security vetting process, successful registrants will be contacted and issued with a ticket to attend. Unsuccessful registrants will also be advised.
SCINDICATE 2018 will be held on 29-30 August at DST's Fishermans Bend laboratory in Melbourne. You can register your interest here.