The Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition – Avalon 2019 is one of Asia-Pacific's most prestigious aviation and aerospace events and the most comprehensive aviation, aerospace and defence exposition in the southern hemisphere.
Avalon 2019 will again present a unique opportunity to showcase products, technologies and services to an informed target audience and to demonstrate a marketing presence in this vibrant and vital region.
NSW Defence Advocate, Air Marshal (Ret'd) John Harvey AM, said, "The NSW government remains committed to ensuring that our sustainable, technologically advanced and globally competitive defence industry sector is ready to support RAAFs fifth-generation capabilities."
Expressions of interest: Defence NSW and the NSW government are seeking applications from NSW defence-related businesses to be part of the Defence NSW stand at Avalon 2019.
The Defence NSW stand will give businesses a prime location to showcase their products and services and connect with domestic and international customers. Other benefits include:
- Ongoing support for accessing new markets and developing your business;
- On-stand support during the exhibition; and
- Inclusion in the department’s marketing material.
Eligibility: Any manufacturer of defence-related equipment or provider of defence-related services who meets the set criteria can apply, applicants must:
- Be based in NSW;
- Employ at least two people (this can include owners) and have been trading for at least two years;
- Be financially viable;
- Be able to demonstrate ability to achieve growth in sales, export potential/success and/or replacement of imports;
- Have quality marketing materials;
- Have a suitable product range on offer; and
- Be able to attend a trade show readiness workshop (date to be confirmed).
The Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition is a global business event, hosting multiple concurrent conferences and expo streams across the spectrum of defence, airlines, business and general aviation, sport and recreational aviation, airports, MRO, space, unmanned systems, air safety and ground equipment.
Avalon 2019 is strongly supported by the Royal Australian Air Force, Airservices Australia, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Defence’s Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group, the Defence Science and Technology Group and the Departments of Industry, Innovation and Science and of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities.