The companies co-exhibiting on the Defence NSW stand at Avalon 2019 range from large and diverse businesses like Air Affairs Australia and Quickstep Holdings, to providers of niche products and services like Nupress Group and Australian Aerospace Engineering.
“The Avalon Airshow attracts international attention, providing an unmatched opportunity for NSW-based defence industries to showcase their capabilities to a global market,” NSW Defence Advocate Air Marshal (Ret’d) John Harvey said.
“That’s why the NSW government is directly supporting 14 NSW companies to exhibit at Avalon, where their products will be seen by more than 650 companies, 150 delegations and 33,000 trade visitors expected to attend over the week.”
The 14 NSW-based companies on show at Avalon are:
- Thomas Global Systems (Defence), Sydney
- Nupress Group, Hunter
- Australian Aerospace Engineering, Riverina
- EOS Space, Queanbeyan
- Bohemia Interactive Australia, Hunter
- Jenkins Engineering Defence Systems (JEDS), Sydney
- Defcon Technologies, Queanbeyan
- Varley Group, Hunter
- Quickstep Holdings Limited, Sydney
- HunterNet Cooperative, Hunter
- Shoalhaven Defence Industry Group, Shoalhaven
- Air Affairs Australia, Nowra
- Raymax Applications, Sydney
- Defence Innovation Network, Statewide
NSW companies are crucial to the F-35 program, with the majority of Joint Strike Fighters to be based at Royal Australian Air Force base Williamtown, north of Sydney.
“The recent arrival of the first Australian-based F-35s at RAAF Williamtown highlights the capabilities of NSW defence and aerospace companies,” Harvey said.
“NSW companies are not only intimately involved in the manufacture of every F-35 globally, they will also play a vital role in sustaining Australia’s future fighter fleet for decades to come.”
The NSW contingent of companies will be exhibiting at Stand 2G6 (Defence NSW) in the Aerospace Pavilion at the Avalon Airshow from 26 February to 1 March.