Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA

Website Notifications

Get notifications in real-time for staying up to date with content that matters to you.

Rheinmetall, PolyCharge America establish e-mobility and green energy joint venture

Rheinmetall and PolyCharge America have announced the formation of a new joint venture to oversee the production of DC-link capacitors.

Rheinmetall and PolyCharge America have announced the formation of a new joint venture to oversee the production of DC-link capacitors.

It is expected that the creation of the joint venture will enable the companies to gain a larger market share across electromobility and industrial applications in the automotive and defence sectors, while ensuring scalability into the future.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Dubbed Rheinmetall PolyCharge GmbH, the agreement will see Rheinmetall own 75 per cent of the joint venture with PolyCharge owning the remaining 25 per cent. Under the agreement, Rheinmetall has also taken a 13 per cent stake in PolyCharge America.

Rheinmetall and PolyCharge America have already established close connections, with PolyCharge’s DC-link capacitors currently integrated into the Rheinmetall PowerPack.

Under the joint venture, it is also expected that the company will own exclusive production rights of NanoLam capacitors in Europe.

“The founding of this joint venture marks another important step in our transformation strategy, enabling us to offer our customers in the automotive and industrial sector top electrification technology as we move forward,” Rene Gansauge, chief executive of Rheinmetall’s sensors and actuators division, said.

“Advanced NanoLam technology lets us offer a product that’s substantially smaller and lighter than the conventional solutions, and which can operate at higher temperatures. This is a clear technological advantage, assuring that Rheinmetall PolyCharge is well positioned to meet the growing demand for these technologies.”

PROMOTED CONTENT

Steven Yializis, chief operating officer of PolyCharge America, noted that the joint venture will help the company scale to meet growing demand for their capacitors.

“Diversifying PolyCharge’s manufacturing base is crucial as we transition to high-volume production of NanoLam capacitors for automotive, aerospace and industrial markets,” he said

“Rheinmetall’s technical depth, application expertise, and strong presence in Europe make it an ideal partner, allowing for rapid expansion in this important and growing market.”

A company spokesperson explained that the capacitors feature sub-micrometre dielectric polymer coatings, allowing the capacitor to cool at optimal rates and lead to better performance.

It is expected that the majority joint venture will be housed in Rheinmetall’s sensor and actuators division in the future.

[Related: Rheinmetall, Supashock sign export contract]

Rheinmetall, PolyCharge America establish e-mobility and green energy joint venture
partnership-handshake-dc-csc.jpg
lawyersweekly logo

more from defence connect

Jan 20 2022
Beca enters strategic partnership with iDiC
The consultancy group has committed to facilitating the growth in work opportunities for the Indigenous community.  ...
Jan 20 2022
PODCAST: Training Australia's future warfighters, with Matthew Sibree, managing director IndoPac, defence & security at CAE
On this episode of the Defence Connect Podcast, host Phil Tarrant is joined by Matthew Sibree, managing director IndoPac, defence...
Jan 20 2022
Northrop Grumman demonstrates cross-domain tech integration
The prime has demonstrated its ability to integrate technology across domains for joint operations.   ...