DST, in conjunction with Land Forces 2018, is hosting the International Conference on Science and Innovation for Land Power 2018 (ICSILP 2018) to be held on 5-6 September in Adelaide.
DST Group's ICSILP 2018, with the theme of 'Innovation through Technology Convergence for Land Power', will focus on the application of science and technology for transforming the land force of the future.
The conference provides a unique forum for leading Army officers, Defence researchers, industry professionals and academics to discuss the latest developments, and future directions, in defence, science, technology and innovation.
This year's conference will address the question of how technology convergence, innovation and science can modernise land forces to become more agile and potent in the challenging environments of land operations, and survive and counter emerging physical, electronic and cyber threats.
The event is targeted at those interested in transforming the military land force through science, technology and innovation. A main attraction at this year's ICSILP panel discussion will be 'The Future Soldier', which will be facilitated by Brigadier David Wainwright, Director-General Future Land Warfare.
The panel discussion will include visual representations of soldier combat ensembles for these time horizons and presentations on how industry can engage with the Department of Defence on innovative land force advancements.
Additionally, there will be a series of presentations as part of ICSILP 2018, including addresses by:
- Minister for Defence Industry Christopher Pyne;
- Ann Cataldo, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Defense Exports and Cooperation - United States;
- Lieutenant General Richard Burr, AO, DSC, MVO, Chief of Army;
- Major General Chris Tickell, Director of Capability, UK Army HQ;
- Dr Bob Sadowski, chief roboticist (Tank and Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center - United States); and
- Dr Hodong Seok, vice president The 5th R&D Institute, Agency for Defense Development - Republic of Korea.
Registrations and further information is available here.